Sun Protection TipsSun exposure is the most preventable risk factor for all skin cancers, including melanoma. The following are ways to have fun in the sun and enjoy the summer safely:
- Generously apply a broad-spectrum water-resistant sunscreen of at least SPF 15, providing protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Re-apply every 2 hours, even on cloudy days.
- Wear sun-protective clothing.
- Seek shade; remember that the sun's rays are strongest between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Use extra caution near water, snow and sand as they reflect damaging rays.
- Protect children.
- Get vitamin D safely through a healthy diet, including vitamin supplements.
- Avoid tanning beds.
The Sun's Rays
Read Facts About The Sun
Call now for a consultation: (212) 772-0740