Hadley C. King, MD
New York City DermatologistHadley C. King, MD is a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in general, medical and surgical dermatology. She is also a Clinical Instructor of Dermatology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
Dr. King graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College with a degree in biochemistry. She then received her M.D. from Columbia University. She trained in medicine at Greenwich Hospital, affiliated with the Yale University School of Medicine, and completed her dermatology residency at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
Following residency, Dr. King worked as an attending physician at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, during which time she specialized in cutaneous oncology and photodynamic therapy. She also has a background in immunology and her research has been published in a variety of medical journals, including the Journal of the American Medical Association.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE2007- present Day Cosmetic, Laser & Comprehensive Dermatology, PC
- Associate Dermatologist
2006-present Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Instructor in Dermatology
2006-2007 Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Attending and Instructor in Dermatology
HOSPITAL AFFILIATIONNew York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY
RESIDENCY TRAINING2003-2006 Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Residency in Dermatology
2002-2003 Greenwich Hospital, Affiliated with the Yale University School of Medicine
- Internship in Internal Medicine
BOARD CERTIFICATIONDiplomate, American Academy of Dermatology
SKIN CANCER SCREENINGSJune 2006 Goldman-Sachs
June 2007 Goldman-Sachs
June 2007 Conde Nast
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPSAmerican Academy of Dermatology
American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
Women’s Dermatologic Society
EDUCATION1997-2002 Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- MD received in May 2002.
1993-1997 Harvard College
- BA in biochemistry, Magna Cum Laude.
- Highest Honors biochemistry senior thesis.
- John Harvard, Elizabeth Cary Agassiz, and Harvard College Scholarships for academic achievement.
- Radcliffe Varsity Crew Team.
RESEARCH2000-2001 Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- Laboratory Researcher. Department of Dermatology
- Microarray gene expression profiling in skin diseases.
1995-1997 Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Laboratory Researcher. Department of Infectious Disease
- Transcriptional regulation of the TNF-Æ’Ã‘ gene by virus.
- Falvo JV, Uglialoro AM, Brinkman BM, Merika M, Parekh BS, Tsai EY, King HC, Morielli AD, Peralta EG, Maniatis T, Thanos D, Goldfeld AE. Stimulus-specific assembly of enhancer complexes on the tumor necrosis factor alpha gene promoter. Molecular and Cellular Biology. 20 (6): 2239-2247; March 2000.
- King HC, Sinha AA. Gene expression profile analysis by DNA microarrays: promise and pitfalls. Journal of the American Medical Association. 286 (18); Nov 2001.
PUBLISHED CASE REPORTS
- King HC, Carucci JA, Keresztes RS. Cutaneous zosteriform metastases from adenocarcinoma of the colon. Proceedings of the 82nd Atlantic Dermatological Conference. May 2005. Page 6-7.
- King HC, Sinha AA. Gene expression profiling in non-melanoma skin cancer by cDNA and oligonucleotide microarray analysis. Proceedings of the Second CARSO International Conference on Oncology Researchâ€”Cancer: From Basic Research to Application. July 2001.
- King HC, Pothiraj R, Sinha AA. Gene expression profiling in inflammatory skin disease by cDNA microarray analysis. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 117 (2): 527; Aug 2001.
- Montiel N, King HC, Becker D, Sinha AA. cDNA microarray analysis of gene expression in non-melanoma skin cancer. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 117 (2): 527; Aug 2001.
- Sinha AA, King HC. Human gene expression mapping in alopecia areata. Journal of Investigative Dermatology. 117 (2): 431; Aug 2001.
- King HC, Holloway V, Sinha AA. Gene expression profiling in follicular degeneration syndrome by oligonucleotide microarray analysis. Proceedings of the First International Symposium for Ethnic Hair and Skin. Oct 2001.
- King HC, Carucci JA, Keresztes RS. Cutaneous zosteriform metastases from adenocarcinoma of the colon. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. March 2005, part 2, volume 3, number 3, P134.
- King HC, Subramanya RD, Xiang Z, Sinha AA. Gene expression profiling in alopecia areata and psoriasis defines disease specific signatures. Proceedings of the New York Academy of Medicine. June 2004.
- King HC, Patel YG, Kim JC, Delgado R, Mehrara BJ, Kraus DH, Nehal KS. Amelanotic lentigo maligna melanoma defined by staging biopsies and in vivo confocal microscopy. Dermatologic Surgery. October 2005.
- King HC. Gene expression profiling in alopecia areata by oligonucleotide microarray analysis. Society for Investigative Dermatology. May 2001.
- King HC. Gene expression profiling in skin disease. Cornell Dermatology Grand Rounds. April 2001.
- King HC, Subramanya RD, Xiang Z, Sinha AA. Transcriptional profiling in alopecia areata. New York Academy of Medicine. June 2004.
- King HC, Myskowski P. Segmental basal cell carcinomas and adnexal tumors. Manhattan Metropolitan Dermatologic Society. March 8, 2005.
- King HC. Cutaneous metastases. Cornell Dermatology Grand Rounds. June 2005.
- King HC. Verrucae Vulgares: An evidence based approach. Cornell Dermatology Grand Rounds. January 2006.
- King HC. Dermatologic Emergencies. Weill Cornell Medical School second year class. February 22, 2007.
- King HC. Skin Cancer 101. Cancer Smart Community Education Lecture, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. March 22, 2007.